The Sanden Heat Pump works in a different way compared to a conventional electric hot water system, it’s like a refrigerator in reverse. It contains a fan that forces air through an evaporator that contains a refrigerant. The heat in the air passes through the evaporator and is absorbed by a natural refrigerant, R744 (CO2), which is ozone friendly and does not contribute to the global warming.
The warm gas refrigerant is circulated in the system via a compressor. As it passes through the compressor, its pressure rises, as does its temperature. This hot refrigerant then passes through a heat exchanger to heat the water, which is finally pumped to the storage tank.
Performance & Savings
The Sanden Hot Water Heat Pump System delivers:
- Industry leading energy efficiency – uses only 22% of the energy required by an electric storage hot water system.
- Innovative technology – up to 50% faster heat recovery than currently available hot water heat pumps.
- Industry leading quality & performance, with the highest level of STC values of currently available hot water heat pumps.
- Class leading warranties, backed by Sanden’s 30 years of operation in Australia.
As the Sanden hot water Heat Pump System uses (CO2) refrigerant technology, the amount of electrical energy required to heat the water is significantly less than that required by a conventional electric hot water system.
In fact, the Sanden Heat Pump consumes 1kW of electricity to generate 4.5 kW of heat which equates to 22% of the energy used by a conventional electric system. Consequently, with this system you could save up to 78% of your conventional electric hot water energy costs!
Features & Benefits
The Sanden Heat pump is supplied as two separate components;
- Heat Pump Unit and
- Stainless Steel Storage Tank.
The system is suitable for a family of 3-6 people.
Heat Pump Unit
- Up to 50% faster heat recovery than typical heat pumps. In ambient air of 20 ºC it takes approx 4 hours to heat 315 L of water from 17 ºC to 65 ºC
- Uses unique Ozone friendly R744 (CO2) refrigerant
- Simple installation by Plumber & Electrician, with no Refrigeration Mechanic required
- An automatic heating cycle, which makes it perfect for use with off-peak power
- Fitted with in-built freeze protection, making it suitable for all climates (-10 ºC to +43 ºC)
- No backup element required
- Whisper quiet operation, with industry leading noise level of 38 dB – very neighbour friendly!
- High quality, weather resistant construction for outdoor location
- 3 year Warranty
Stainless Steel Tank
- High quality, Australian made extra long life stainless steel cylinder
- Fully insulated for minimal heat loss
- Mains pressure rated
- 315 litre Tank with two installation options (tall with a reduced diameter or short with an increased diameter)
- Also available with 160L and 250L tanks
- Safety pressure and temperature relief valve
- 15 year Warranty
‘Whisper-quiet hot water’
When purchasing a hot water heat pump, noise levels are an important consideration. Sanden’s extensive research has delivered a ‘whisper quiet’ operating noise level (38 dB) that ensures both you and your neighbours’ lifestyles remains unaffected by its operation.
The Sanden Heat Pump System has a 3 year warranty. The Stainless Steel Storage Tank has a class leading 15 year warranty.
Contact us for a price on the Sanden Heat Pump Today!
Supply and Installation special pricing available. CONTACT US